I was gifted some alone hotel time yesterday (thank you to my wife Tams), and I (obviously) went to the pool asap. I wanted to use this time to think about 2021 and then, 2022.
As I floated on the water and my ears dipped under the muted surface, I felt a muffled word rise to the surface of my heart.
Maybe it doesn’t make sense after the dumpster fire of 2021, but I have learned to trust these nudgings.
So let’s be brash with our hope, why don’t we: I hope you FLOURISH in 2022. I hope I FLOURISH in 2022.
Don’t get overwhelmed at the large-ness of that word. I think it could be beautifully gentle. Let’s dream together, what could this look like?
- Carving out 3 mins to breathe and listen for your own voice
- Walking away from a toxic conversation, or maybe relationship
- Walking toward a beautiful connection
- Working to rebuild something worth rebuilding
- Having courage to end something not worth rebuilding
- Putting up a boundary
- Changing your mind about a boundary
- Changing your mind, period
- Being intentional about working toward a dream
- More therapy
- Taking a deep breath instead of reacting
- Deciding to take up more space in your own life
- Doing something – anything – just because you LOVE IT
- Eating the damn cookie and savouring it
- Dancing alone in your office between meetings
- Caring less what others think
- Caring more what you – authentic you – thinks
Could we normalize flourishing in our own lives – even in a pandemic? I’d love to try.
This is not a resolution but a hope. Let’s flourish together! Share with me if you want.
I love this journey for us. ❤